- 1 block or 500g of tofu
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan pepper, grinded
- 1 tablespoon Rice wine
- 2 tablespoon Fermented black bean
- 1 tablespoon Gochujang paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- salt, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- Chopped spring onion for garnish (optional)
- Cut the tofu in cubes and cook in salted boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain and set the tofu aside.
- In a pan, sauté the aromatics; onion, ginger, garlic and Szechuan pepper.
- Once the onion is translucent, add the fermented black bean, gochujang and soy sauce.
- Mix the cornstarch in the cup water then add in the pan
- While the sauce is simmering, add sugar and salt to taste.
- Once done, add the cooked tofu and garnish with spring onion
*Serves 2 people